Our one year Creative and Digital media apprenticeships are designed to help people develop careers in the creative and digital media industries by giving them qualifications and jobs. You will work full time with an employer and study one day a week with us on day release.
Who can apply?
You must be ...
- Aged 16+
- Either already be employed in a relevant workplace or be prepared to work full time for a year
- NOT already have a foundation degree or full degree or currently be studying towards one
- Ambitious, creative, reliable and keen to succeed
- Prepared to work a minimum 16 hours per week
- Available to train each week on day release
I am very lucky to have studied with IMT. The tutors are not only sympathetic to each individuals needs, but also bring out the best in us. The range of technology that I have learnt to use in my short time with them is wonderful, and has really helped me to progress in my industry. Apprenticeships can be challenging sometime, but thanks to the one to one support that I received I have managed to get as far as I have. The course managed to cover my industry and helped me understand others, which I found hugely beneficial as the creative industry can sometimes hold uncertain futures. The teaching is fresh and creative which has helped me learn so much in a short space of time. The people that I have met are wonderful and I would always highly recommend IMT. Thank you so much! Emily Cooper apprentice
What do the programmes involve?
- A job in the creative and digital media sectors
- Subject specialist technical, industry work practices and career development training
We currently offer the following apprenticeship training programmes ...
Qualification subject options
- Web design (SEO, analytics, HTML, CSS, JQuery, Flash, PHP, images, video, forms, WordPress eCommerce, copyright, project management etc)
- Social media marketing (blogging, tweeting, viral campaigns, reciprocal linking, AdWords, AdSense, raising an businesses profile etc)
- Video production (for marketing, presentations, the web and broadcast, planning, production, editing, asset management, publication/delivery etc)
- Photography / digital imaging (creating, editing, optimising for print and digital publishing etc)
- Live events and promotion
- Cultural and heritage venue operations
- Community arts management
- Music business (Recording industry)
- Technical theatre (rigging, lighting & sound)
Here are some of the employers who have benefited from our apprentices in the last 2 years ...
- Any kind of employer who is already, or plans to, maintain or develop its own website
- Any kind of employer who carries out social media marketing, digital media activities, app development etc
- Digital, web, and graphic design companies
- eLearning companies and organisations
- On-line retail and ecommerce
- Art galleries
- Broadcast TV and radio
- Universities and colleges
- Community arts organisations
- Employers specialising in any kind of live events
- Employers involved in video production for digital media, web sites, broadcast etc
- Architectural firms
- Museums, libraries, galleries etc
- Photographers, image libraries, photo editing etc
- Any organisation involved in arts based activities for their local area
- Any music industry employer involved in management, production, publishing, distribution etc
- Theatres, live venues etc
Your employer will ...
- Employ you on a part or full time basis (minimum 16 hours per week).
- Pay you the Apprentice National Minimum Wage is £2.60 per hour which is paid for all hours spent at work and at off-the-job training sessions (day release at college). Most employers pay apprentices between £95 - £160 per week.
- Help support the training that we provide to ensure that you become a skilled employee
- Provide on-the-job development for you
Why study with us?
Read about our staff, facilities and the many advantages that put us ahead of our competitors.
Want to know more?
Call or email Roxy ...
020 8691 1900, Mon-Fri 11am-5.30pm
Fact sheet & FAQs
Site design and content © The Institute Of Music & Technology. Subject to change without warning.